I bet if you surveyed your employees who regularly use nail guns you would find that most of them have had at least one nail gun incident.
These tools have made production much faster and safer however they demand some respect!
Here are some basic rules for using your nail gun:
- Never use your nail gun with the nose guard safety spring missing.
- Always read and follow the instructions provided with the tool.
- Wear safety glasses (trust me on this one!).
- Do not point the tool towards yourself or others, no matter how far away they are.
- When you are moving about the work area – keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- When leaving the tool unattended, turn off the air supply or disconnect the air hose.
- Never rest the gun against any part of your body, or try to climb a ladder with the gun cradled against your body.
- Do not work above other trades. Always be aware of the possible danger to your workmates, and take whatever precautions are required.
- Do not use any nail that is not of a type suited to the nail gun and the purpose for which it is being used.
Remember that a nail gun is a time saving tool — but it cannot save the time when you are in the emergency room.
Use it safely! To learn more or to schedule equipment operation training, visit https://safetylinks.net/index.php/training/equipment-operation.