With Halloween right around the corner, it is important to always consider these basic principles to help keep your children and everyone else safe when trick-or-treating or out and about:
- Young children should always go trick-or-treating with an adult.
- If your child goes with friends plan their entire route and make sure you know what it is.
- Make sure that all costumes are flame retardant and stay clear of lit jack-o-lanterns.
- Always check your child’s candy before they eat it.
- Provide your child with a cellular phone if possible.
In addition you should instruct your children on the following rules:
- Be cautious of strangers.
- Accept treats only in the doorway. Never go inside a house.
- Visit only houses where the lights are on.
- Walk, Do not run.
- Cross the street at the corner or in a crosswalk.
For more information visit http://www.halloween-safety.com.