Who requires fire extinguisher training?
OSHA requires fire extinguisher training for your staff if they are expected to user fire extinguishers. Here is what the OSHA regulations say:
1910.157(g)(1) Where the employer has provided portable fire extinguishers for employee use in the workplace, the employer shall also provide an educational program to familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and the hazards involved with incipient stage firefighting.
1910.157(g)(2) The employer shall provide the education required in paragraph (g)(1) of this section upon initial employment and at least annually thereafter.
Our hands-on approach includes instruction on the following topics:
- Overview of the fire protection equipment
- Review of proper procedures and fire evacuation routes
- Emergency preparedness training
- Alertness to fire hazards
- Review of the types of fire extinguishers and their proper use
- Identification of the classes of fires and how each is fought
- Hands on extinguisher practice
Watch a preview of one of our hands-on classes held in Orlando, FL:
To register for a class or schedule onsite training, visit http://www.safetylinks.net/index.php/training/safety-courses-for-all-industries/fire-extinguisher-training-hands-on