These courses meet or exceed the knowledge requirements for Qualified Riggers, as defined by 1926.1401, and Qualified Crane Signaling personnel, as per 1926.1428.
After completing our hands on rigger course you will be able to calculate weights, load tensions on slings, and will understand proper rigging practices and techniques.
The qualified rigger participant will learn to do the following:
- Calculate load weight and determine load center of gravity
- Calculate stress angles and determine the safe working load
- Select proper hitch, sling, rigging hardware to use and determine safe working load
- Inspection of the equipment prior to use
- Control the load and operation
- Control the lift site and the cranes area of operation
The course materials include:
- Rigging Manual
- Calculation Tables
- Sample Rigging Inspection Forms
In order to complete the class you must:
- Successfully participate in all hands on activities including a number of hands on practical exercises.
- You must also complete a 25 question final examination with a score of at least 80%.