The Safety Links qualified signaler course is designed for both crane operators and personnel responsible for the safe operation and signaling of all types of cranes and hoists.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires training and qualification for anyone who is in the position of signaling Cranes and Derricks in Construction.
The Safety Links Crane Signaler course is designed according to the requirements of the Crane & Derrick Standard Subpart CC (Section 1926.1419-1422; 1926.1428) for signal person qualifications.
Like all of our courses, this course can be conducted at your facility or at ours and can be adapted to your specific needs.
This course includes both classroom and hands-on training on the following qualification requirements:
- Know and understand the type of signals used.
- Be competent in the application of the type of signals used.
- Have a basic understanding of equipment operation and limitations, including the crane dynamics involved in swinging and stopping loads and boom deflection from hoisting loads.
- Know and understand the relevant requirement standards and regulations.
- Demonstrate that he/she meets the requirements through an oral or written test, and through a practical test.