Course Introduction/ Synopsis:
This training is required for all employees who directly handle or affect hazardous material/waste transportation safety, including loading, unloading, preparing, transporting, and preparing bills of lading/manifests or placarding for hazardous material shipments. This course meets and exceeds training requirements all applicable regulations.
- Requirements of the DOT regulations relative to the transportation of hazardous materials.
- Basic safety elements, including recognition and identification of hazardous materials, as required by the DOT regulations and the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Basic operations required for handling emergencies involving hazardous materials for the DOT Hazmat Employee.
- Hazardous Materials Table (49 CFR 172.101), Labels and Placards, and Shipping Papers.
- DOT hazard classes and associated them with the appropriate placards for use in transportation.
- An awareness of security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation