Hazwoper (24 hours)
USD ONETIME PER ATTENDEE
This is a 24 hour training
Retraining is annually
We offer 24 hour Hazwoper training for Occasional Hazardous Waste Site Workers and for those who require Hazardous Materials Technician training in Emergency situations. These classes are typically 3 days of training and include hands-on practice.
Our courses meet or exceed the OSHA requirements for training of personnel engaged in hazardous waste operations as outlined in 29 CFR 1910.120.
Who requires Hazwoper training and how long should the training be?
Our courses are customized based on the type of your operations and the potential exposures you face. The 24 hour Occasional Site Worker course agenda typically is as follows:
- Accidental Release Measures & Spill Cleanup Procedures
- Safety Data Sheet
- Understanding Chemical Hazards
- Confined Space Entry
- Decontamination Procedures
- Electrical Safety in a HAZMAT Environment
- Emergency Response Plan
- Exposure Monitoring & Medical Surveillance
- Fire Prevention & Safety
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- HAZMAT Labeling
- Heat Stress
- Medical Surveillance Programs
- Monitoring Procedures & Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE and Decontamination Procedures
- Respiratory Safety
- Site Safety & Health Plan
- Work Practices and Engineering Controls
How long is the certification good for?
Hazwoper refresher training is required every 12 months.
If the date for refresher training has lapsed, the need to repeat initial training must be determined based on the employee's familiarity with safety and health procedures used on site. The employee should take the next available refresher training course. In addition OSHA states that “there should be a record in the employee's file indicating why the training has been delayed and when the training will be completed."
What is the length of the course?
- 24 hour (Occasional Site Worker) (Typically 3 days of training).
- 24 hour (Hazardous Materials Technician) (Typically 3 days of training).